5k for FA
May 6, 2017 @ 9:00 am
Help us raise money for the Fanconi Anemia Research Fund in honor of Eli Lana, of Hilton, NY.
5K registration and virtual participation registrations are guaranteed tech/wicking fabric shirts if registered by April 17th. After this date cotton shirts will be substituted while supplies last.
The course is USATF sanctioned and is a beautifully maintained cross country trail through open and wooded areas of Parma Town Park. It’s moderately challenging with a few hills. This is NOT a road race. Whether you’re walking or running, you’ll enjoy the picturesque surroundings and you’ll want to come back!
About Fanconi Anemia
Fanconi anemia is an inherited disease that can lead to bone marrow failure and cancer. Though considered primarily a blood disease, FA may affect all systems of the body. It is a complex and chronic disorder that is psychologically demanding. FA is also a cancer-prone disease, affecting patients decades earlier than the general population.
Schedule of events
- Volunteer Set Up 7:00 am
- Registration opens- 8:00 am
- Fun Run- 9:15 am
- 5K- 10:00 am
- Raffles- Post Race
Not Just a 5K
- Water and snacks for the participants.
- Music, face painting, kid and adult Zumba warm ups, and a food cart on site.
- Participants are humbly requested (not required) to become fundraisers and raise $100 or more.
- Prizes will be awarded for the top fund raisers and best top times. We will also have a bib number raffle so everyone has a chance to win something, and we’ll be selling 50/50 (split-the-pot) raffle tickets the day of the race.
- Remember to use #5kforfa on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram