Barbecue Bash Half Marathon – West of the River Series
November 5 @ 12:00 am - November 7 @ 11:59 pm
4Obatron Productions’ exercise arm, Obatron Fitness, is proud to offer the second year of our debut race series, West of the River Series. Enter the whole series or choose individual races. Walker and mobility-impaired friendly. Diet sensitive. Virtual. In-person Enhanced Experience, optional for limited number of racers.
Barbecue Bash Half, Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
Race Dates: Friday, November 5, 12 a.m. through Sunday, November 7, 11:59 p.m. (Daylight Savings Time Ends)
Limited In-Person Enhanced Experiences: Friday, 4 p.m., RD’s neighborhood (Greece, NY); Saturday, 8 a.m. at Greece Canal Park (Greece, NY)
In-Person Race: Sunday, November 7, 9:30 a.m. in Spencerport (Location Being Finalized; if we get our back up location, race may be up to an hour earlier)
Charity Partner: Cartons for Christmas (Spencerport/Ogden, NY)
Food Theme: Barbecue Kit
Shirt Cut-off: November 7
Estimated Mailing of/Meet-up for Swag and Earned Extras: Sunday, November 28, 2021, 8:45 a.m. and Wednesday, December 1, 8:15 a.m. at Greece Canal Park, Millennium Lodge Parking Lot (optional workout follows at 9 a.m./8:30 respectively)
If you live outside the US, please note there may be additional postage required, which we won’t know until after we weigh the final parcel.
What You Get
- medal personalized with your name on the back for each race (for those in-person, the personalized piece will be mailed upon receipt)
- technical race shirts (choice of men’s or women’s cuts of tank or short-sleeve for June Jaunt, short-sleeve shirt for The Potato Run, and long-sleeve for Barbecue Bash Half)
- food-themed kits appropriate to each race
- series participants get a preparation and recovery kit with their June Jaunt shipment (late conversions will get theirs with subsequent races)
- series scoring
- value priced training, should you choose to add it
- opportunities to earn points that get you more swag and chances to win random prizes (Earned Extras)
- a race-specific recipe contest with non-vegan and vegan categories
- virtual bib
- subsequent PDF of the race cookbook
- chance to make a donation to our Charity Partners for any of three food-related charities on the west side of Monroe County
- 20% discount on any order at Foot Kinetics
- RoadID discount (look for it in your email after registration)
- series Facebook group (racers need not be registered for the whole series)
- if in person, food!
Registration for or upgrading to the whole series should be done before starting the June Jaunt. We may open a special upgrade window before The Potato Run for those who participated in June Jaunt, but did not register for the whole series at that time. If you do all three races, but do not register for the series, we cannot guarantee you will get the gift due to administrative logistics of tracking participants, but we will try.
When you register for the series, you won’t be able to pick shirt options for each race. Instead, when it’s closer to the race time, the RD will transfer you to each individual race. Then you’ll be able to manage your registration.
You might have surmised there is an emphasis on food! I grew up hungry until I could earn money myself to buy food, and while my company, Obatron Fitness, isn’t a non-profit, each race will include three charitable components: 1) fundraising drive via registration for each host town’s food program for those in need; 2) a food drive for the same organization on race day; and 3) a portion of proceeds after expenses are covered will be donated to the organization.
Training Also Available
See menu for training options.
Discount Offers & Referrals
Entering the series rather than individual races gets you pricing equal to or less than the total of the individual race fees (depending upon when you register), a lower RunSignUp fee than the sum of the fees when registering separately, and a series gift. The training offered through the series registration page is at a much reduced price including bonus workouts not normally offered with Obatron Fitness group training. If you are a member of GRTC or Obatron Fitness, you get a discount at checkout for that. Additionally, you may earn back some of your registration by having other racers use your personal referral link, generated after you register. See the “Referrals” section for more information.
Awards and Swag
We’re known for our informal awards due to the nature of virtual events. You are encouraged to enter your time to establish a race history with us and for the fun of it. Besides, you never know what may happen as the series gets underway! There will be race shirts, medals, goodies, and Earned Extras. Plus, the more sponsors and participants we get, the more goodies we can put in your packet.
We recognize there are those who would rather not pick male or female when asked to choose. Unfortunately, we’ve not seen a way to provide other options within that field’s parameters. As such, we ask your understanding that we are limited by the nature of registration tools and finite resources rather than disregarding anyone’s preferences in how they are addressed or define themselves.